Translation Memory Tools (SDL Trados) (short course)
Why study this course?
This course provides a solid grounding in the use of Translation Memory (TM) tools (SDL Trados Studio) and general training in the principles of TMs.
This short course is designed to ensure that, upon successful completion of the course, you'll be able to learn other translation memory packages independently.
You'll focus on the use of TM tools including SDL Trados Studio, as well as general training in the principles of TMs. Areas covered will include preparing to work with TM tools, working with different file formats, post-translation editing and more.
This course is non-language specific, but please note that there will be texts to be translated and examples that will be provided in English.
- a good command of English and one other language
- translation experience
- some experience using termbanks, databanks and glossaries
- intermediate IT skills
- practising translators seeking to enhance their technical skills and increase their productivity
- translation students
- linguists with an interest in translation
Areas covered will include:
- set up and configuration: preparing to work with TM tools
- techniques for efficient translation with TM tools
- working with different file formats
- producing word counts; billing and delivery to clients
- post-translation editing and checking
- maintenance and troubleshooting
10.30am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-3.30pm (with a one-hour lunch break between 12.30pm-1.30pm).
For further information, please refer to the Translation Memory Tools (SDL Trados) (short course) fact sheet.
How to apply
- download and complete the short course application form
- send it via email, together with a scan of a passport-sized photograph, to email@example.com
- visit our secure eShop to make your payment and complete enrolment
A special discount is available for Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL) members. Please see the eShop for more details.
When to apply
Spaces are limited to 10 people, so early booking is advised.