Training the Trainers of Translation (short course)
Why study this course?
Intended for professional translators (in-house and freelance) with an interest and experience in teaching translation skills.
This course is for professional translators (in-house and freelance) with an interest and experience in teaching translation skills (further and higher education) wishing to enhance their pedagogic methodology.
It is also for lecturers in translation who need:
- Pedagogical guidance when teaching translation
- Support for assessment and feedback
- To develop their teaching expertise
- To develop teaching materials
- Enhance their translation training
- To understand teaching methodologies applied to translation studies
It will also benefit linguists and language studies teachers keen to move into translation training.
- Develop translation training skills
- Understand teaching methodologies applied to translation studies
- Discuss and share teaching experience
Applicants will have to be:
- Professional translators (specialist and non-specialist)
- Currently teaching translation for an institution
- Planning to start teaching
- PhD students planning to start teaching
- Language studies teachers
This one-week course runs from Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm. Each day will tackle a particular teaching point:
- Defining teaching methodologies
- Investigating translation concepts and their application to translation training
- Assessment and feedback
- Translation Studies: exercises, activities, methodology and research
- Supervision of research project and the role of the supervisor
How to apply
Please enrol by:
- Making your payment via our secure site at our eShop
- Selecting Product Catalogue then Short Courses
- Completing the Short Course Enrolment Form and send, together with a passport size photograph to email@example.com
Non-EU nationals will need to provide a copy of their passport and current visa.
When to apply
Spaces are limited to twelve, so early booking is advised.