Research and Design Preparation for BA Fashion (short course)
Why study this course?
This course aims to analyse your existing design process, identifying strengths and weaknesses and helping to build upon your current standard through key techniques to prepare you for your Fashion Design BA.
After a preparatory summer brief, released to students six weeks before the course commence date, students will present their work to the group. The course tutor will analyse their existing methodologies, highlighting their strengths and weaknesses. At pre BA level, the main focus will be on how to research and build a concept for a collection, followed by exploring initial collection ideas.
There is no formal assessment for this course.
This course is designed to help students prepare for their BA or to apply for a BA therefore is suitable for those who have already completed a foundation year and are applying or have already applied for their BA (whether it be The Cass BA or another institute).
The rationale behind the Research and Design Preparation for BA Fashion Short Course relates to 'finding your own hidden depths and the desired learning outcomes for the course include:
- How to research as a fashion designer
- How to be more self-reflective in your research process
- Developing your eye for relevant images
- Translating research in to initial ideas
- Responding to research through drawing techniques
The maximum class size is 20.
Course contact hours: 50.
How to apply
To book onto one of our Short Courses, please follow this link to our eShop.
A 20% discount is available for:
- Those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or ESA
- Those whose sole or main income is a DSS state retirement pension
- Those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of DLA or PIP
- Full-time and part-time UK students on credit bearing courses, London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses or London Metropolitan University alumni members
- London Metropolitan University staff
Please contact us before booking.
Terms and Conditions
Please read our T&C's before booking.
When to apply
|Course length||Five days a week for two weeks (Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm)|
|Course dates||TBC. If you would like to be emailed updates, please register.|