Night Photography from the City to the River (short course)
Why study this course?
Situated on the edge of the city and close to the vibrant community of Brick Lane, the location provides the ideal opportunity to explore the local architecture and river environments, which have a very particular and changed atmosphere in the evening. Work will be explored through a series of talks, workshops and assignments.
Skills acquired during the course will include an understanding and application of the zone system, metering, and reciprocity failure for both analogue and digital systems. You'll also explore the use of Photoshop for architectural night photography, including noise reduction, perspective correction, colour balance and image rendering.
You will be encouraged to foster an individual and critical approach to image making, enabling you to edit images for your own body of work.
This course covers beginner to intermediate levels.
|Course dates||8 February to 15 March 2018|
|Length||One evening a week for 6 sessions|
|Day and time||Thursday, 6.00pm to 8.30pm|
|Maximum class size||12|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University Alumni Association members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
In addition to the course fees there will be a material charge of £20.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
To book on to one of our short courses, click the apply button to visit our eShop.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.