Machine Knitting for Beginners (short course)
Why study this course?
This short course will provide you with an introduction to knitting on a domestic knitting machine. You'll explore yarns, texture and colour, and learn a variety of techniques and skills to create a range of technical samples. Developmental work based on personal inspiration will lead to the creation of a coherent collection of knitted samples in accordance with industry standards.
This course will offer you an introduction to machine knitting and an understanding of machine knitting stitches and techniques.
Through sourcing inspiration from imagery, yarns and materials alongside the development technical samples, you'll learn the working process of the industry.
You will leave with a collection of beautiful swatches designed and knitted from personal inspiration. You'll develop the necessary skills to pursue your own domestic projects or fulfil ambitions of further education within the field of knitted textiles for fashion.
This course is suitable for complete novices and amateur enthusiasts.
|Course dates||Not currently available|
|Length||One day a week for five sessions|
|Day and time||Saturday, 11am to 5pm|
|Maximum class size||12|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University Alumni Association members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
Materials are included but you may wish to purchase your own yarn and sketchbook.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
Booking for this course isn't open at this time as the dates of the next intake are not yet confirmed. Please get in touch for further information or register your interest to receive notification as soon as booking opens.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.