Machine Embroidery (short course)
Why study this course?
Discover the creative abilities of the domestic sewing machine using freehand style and get the opportunity to create your own personal pieces from scratch.
Using the machine as your pencil/brush, the machine embroidery short course will see you generate designs on plain cloth that can be made into artefacts such as cushion covers, wall hangings, bedding and more. The list is endless!
The course will cover:
- setting up the machine
- machine embroidery stitches
- drawing with the needle
- use of dissolvable fabrics
- applique and reverse applique
- twin needling
- trouble shooting
Anyone who wishes to extend their machine and design skills would benefit from this course. Students don't need to know how to use a sewing machine as they'll be taught this during the course.
|Course dates||Not currently available|
|Length||One evening a week for three weeks|
|Day and time||Thursday, 6pm to 8.30pm|
|Maximum class size||10|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University Alumni Association members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
In addition to the course fee there may be additional charges for materials.
The course requires you to bring the following materials:
- stitch ripper
- pen and notepad
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
Booking for this course isn't open at this time as the dates of the next intake are not yet confirmed. Please get in touch for further information or register your interest to receive notification as soon as booking opens.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.