Learn to Play the Daf - Intermediate 2 (short course)
Why study this course?
This course is a follow-on course from our Learn to Play the Daf introductory course, helping you to further develop your skills on the daf (the Kurdish frame drum), be it as a soloist or in ensemble work.
The daf, partly because of its light weight and powerful sound, is one of the most useful instruments in the world music scene and one of the easiest instruments to learn. During this course, you'll acquire some new skills on the daf and will experience playing in a traditional ensemble.
Please bring your own daf to the course.
This course is suitable for those who have attended our Learn to Play the Daf introductory course or who have prior experience of the areas covered during the course. You can attend our Intermediate 1 or 2 courses in any order.
Initially you will go over the basic strokes and this will then be followed by exercises in the traditional 7/8, 2/4 and 6/8 rhythms.
- playing the different traditional rhythms
- playing the riz (tremolo)
You'll be assessed during the class and, if you reach an appropriate standard, you'll have the opportunity to perform in a concert at the end of the course. You'll also receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
|Course dates||Not currently available|
|Length||One day a week for four sessions|
|Day and time||Tuesday, 7.15pm to 8.45pm|
|Maximum class size||10|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University Alumni Association members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
Booking for this course isn't open at this time as the dates of the next intake are not yet confirmed. Please get in touch for further information or register your interest to receive notification as soon as booking opens.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.