Introduction to Traditional Upholstery (short course)
Why study this course?
This short course introduces you to the basic construction methods, traditional materials and methods that have been used for several centuries in traditional upholstery. Highlights include hand stitching, the covering of materials and other upholstery techniques.
The course is in the main practically orientated and you will be guided through up to two set assignments that are all supplied, one of which is a small stool that you will to take away and keep as a souvenir.
The Introduction to Traditional Upholstery short course will cover the following areas:
- hand stitching
- covering materials
- other upholstery techniques
This course is suitable for those with a strong interest in upholstered furniture but no knowledge of upholstery construction. The course presents an ideal opportunity to discover and learn how traditional upholstery is constructed.
"I was extremely pleased with the course."
|Course dates||23 July to 2 August 2018|
|Length||Four days a week for two weeks|
|Day and time||Monday to Thursday, 10am to 5pm|
|Maximum class size||8|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit.
- those whose sole or main income is a Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University alumni members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
The course fees include the cost of materials.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
To book on to one of our short courses, click the apply button to visit our eShop.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.