Introduction to Guitar Making (short course)
Why study this course?
For complete beginners, the initial series of sessions concentrates on sharpening and hand-tool techniques, and applying these skills to guitar neck construction and soundboard, ribs and back preparation, ready for the instrument to be constructed in subsequent classes.
Every student works at a different pace, but with prior woodwork experience and regular attendance, it is possible to make a full guitar attending all three levels (Introduction to Advanced) of the Guitar Making courses. However, some inexperienced students can take two or even three years to complete an instrument.
These courses aim to give you the opportunity to:
- acquire the skills and techniques necessary to be competent in guitar making
- undertake hands-on practical sessions to create the finished product
- build upon previous knowledge
This course is aimed at individuals with no prior experience, who have a desire to build their own musical instrument.
"Amazing experience at The Cass. Nick Pyall has a wealth of experience and is open to any quirky idea that you throw at him. He is one of the best and most inspiring tutors I have had as a student and this just adds up to a wonderful course."
|Course dates||8 January to 12 March 2018|
|Length||One evening a week for ten sessions|
|Day and time||Monday, 5.30pm to 8.30pm|
|Maximum class size||12|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University Alumni Association members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
In addition to the course fee there will be a charge of £10 to £15 for materials.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
To book on to one of our short courses, click the apply button to visit our eShop.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.