From Metal Sheet to Hollow Form - Making Vessels and Containers (short course)
Why study this course?
This course will give you an insight into the process of creating vessels and hollow forms, from the initial idea stage to the final piece. You'll be introduced to several silversmithing techniques including sinking, hand raising, press forming and large scale soldering, taught by award-winning artist Adi Toch.
This course will introduce you to key silversmithing techniques as well as providing creative tools for developing and realising your ideas in a three-dimensional metal piece. You'll be encouraged to develop your own creative and experimental approach to making.
Discussions with individual students will be supported by demonstrations.
This course is taught by Adi Toch.
This course is suitable for those with an interest in metalwork and design processes. Some knowledge in the field would be advantageous.
"The course tutor is friendly, approachable and knowledgeable; facilities for metalworking are great."
"The teaching was of exceptional standard; students were encouraged to be creative and adventurous. Generally the workshop was well equipped and appropriate tools were available all the time."
|Course dates||23 January to 27 March 2018|
|Length||One evening a week for ten sessions|
|Day and time||
Tuesday, 5.30pm to 8.30pm
|Maximum class size||10|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University alumni members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
In addition to the course fee there will be a charge for materials. The amount of this charge will depend on how many materials are used.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
To book on to one of our short courses, click the apply button to visit our eShop.