Documentary Street Photography - The City and The East End (short course)
Why study this course?
Situated on the edge of the city and close to the vibrant community of Brick Lane, the location of this short course provides the ideal opportunity to explore the local architecture and street life.
You will learn useful technical skills such as the use of a portable flash system and be asked to consider ethical issues relating to their practice, including the relationship between photographer and subject. An individual approach and style will be developed through reference to historic and contemporary documentary practice.
Work will be developed through a series of talks, workshops, assignments and group discussions. You'll also learn to shoot a self-initiated brief and edit work towards a clear goal.
By the end of the course, you'll be expected to have produced a coherent body of work.
This course is suitable if you are either a beginner and an advanced practitioner.
|Course dates||Not currently available|
|Length||One day a week for five sessions|
|Day and time||Saturday, 11am to 5pm|
|Maximum class size||12|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University alumni members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
Participants will normally be expected to bring their own DSLR or film cameras but some will be available for use in the department during class times.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
Booking for this course isn't open at this time as the dates of the next intake are not yet confirmed. Please get in touch for further information or register your interest to receive notification as soon as booking opens.