Cushions Evening (short course)
Why study this course?
This evening course will give you the opportunity to create cushion covers incorporating a variety of styles and skills including piped, buttoned, zipped, oxford and bolster to renovate any interior.
Through a structured programme, you'll progress through a range of skill sets that will allow you to diversify a number of cushion covers into exclusive and personal pieces. You'll leave with a comprehensive set of personal notes and handouts along with samples of four cushion covers.
The course will cover:
- cushion pads
- cover styles
- measuring, estimating and cutting
This course is taught by Maggi Loughran.
This course is suitable for those wishing to expand their experience into the field of furnishings. You should be able to use a sewing machine. The sewing machine short course is available if you're not familiar with machine stitching.
|Course dates||Not currently available|
|Length||One evening a week for seven sessions|
|Day and time||Tuesday, 5.30pm to 8.30pm|
|Maximum class size||10|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit.
- those whose sole or main income is a Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University alumni members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
In addition to the course fee there may be additional charges for materials
Please bring the following materials with you:
- two metres of furnishing fabric
- tape measure
- stitch ripper
- small ruler
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
Booking for this course isn't open at this time as the dates of the next intake are not yet confirmed. Please get in touch for further information or register your interest to receive notification as soon as booking opens.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.