Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching (short course)
Why study this course?
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is a professional qualification accredited by Cisco for network professionals. This course teaches you to network, operate and troubleshoot complex networks and systems.
Free technology courses are available to cover new concepts, develop new career skills and expand student understanding of the latest technologies.
The CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum provides you with an integrated and comprehensive coverage of networking topics, from the basic fundamentals to advanced applications and services. It also gives you the opportunity for hands-on practical experience and soft-skills development.
We'll teach you networking based on technology and cover networking concepts using a top-down, theoretical and integrated approach. This will include network applications and the network protocols and services provided to those applications by the lower layers of the network.
You'll find CCNA Routing and Switching ideal if you have advanced problem solving and analytical skills. The curriculum is also a comprehensive and theoretical learning experience for analytical students, and uses language that aligns well with engineering concepts.
Interactive activities are embedded in the curriculum, along with detailed, theoretical content. You can make use of our advanced labs to develop your critical thinking and problem-solving skills through exploration and research.
You can get two certifications from our course:
- Academy Certification: Upon completion of the CCNA course in the Cisco Networking Academy program, you'll be awarded an academic certification.
- Industry Certification: This can be taken in any Pearson VUE authorised testing centre. The cost will be paid by the student.
You'll be required to have:
- a reading-age level (RAL) of 13
- basic computer literacy and awareness of the internet
- prior experience with computer hardware, cabling, binary math and basic electronics (this is desired, but not required)
You're also required to have a Windows-based PC or laptop with internet connection if you want to study the material outside of the University premises.
Semesters one through four of the Cisco Networking Academy Program (CNAP) are equivalent to 280 hours of instruction. If you successfully complete this portion of the program, you're fully prepared to earn the Cisco Certified Network Associate certification.
The four semesters in CCNA Routing and Switching are:
- introduction to networks
- routing and switching essentials
- scaling networks
- connecting networks
See the Cisco career opportunities.
Full-time runs for 24 weeks
|Day and time||
Important: payment must be made in full via eShop before the start of the course. Full payment of the fee will qualify you to a 10% discount for all four modules.
If we made an option available to you to split the payment, you are still committed to pay any outstanding fees as early as starting the second module, or when you are asked to do so. Please read our terms and conditions before proceeding with any payments. Current and former London Met degree students and staff are entitled to a 10% discount.
- Full-time courses cost £2,670 for all four modules. If paid in full, a 10% discounted price for all four modules is £2,400. When paying, please add two items to your basket in the discounted eShop. If an instalment option is available, you may pay £1,335 for two modules in the eShop. Please make sure you read and understand our terms and conditions before making any payments.
How to apply
Please note references are not required for Cisco courses. You can also contact us if you have any queries.
Before paying, you will be asked to confirm you agree to our Terms, Conditions and Entry Requirements for Cisco Courses.
When to apply
There is no official closing date for this course, but you are advised to apply as early as possible as we will only consider your application if there are places available on the course.