Audio Programming for the iPad (short course)
Why study this course?
This course introduces you to the techniques of programming audio apps for iOS, the operating system used on the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch and the iPad. While the teaching material can be applied to the iPhone and iPod Touch, the focus in the course will be on the iPad.
The aims of the course are to acquaint you with the Xcode development environment, and to enable you to apply your existing skills to the development of audio-based apps for iOS. At the end of the course, you will be able to design and build touch-based iPad apps which generate, record and play audio. The course will also look at the process of putting apps onto the Apple App Store.
This course is taught by Dr Allan Seago.
This course is suitable for those with some experience of object-oriented programming using C, C++ or Objective-C, and who would like to develop their skills in the iOS environment; it is not suited, however, to those without these skills. An understanding of the principles of digital audio is useful.
Starting with an introduction to Xcode (the Apple software development environment) and to general programming techniques, we will then move on to methods of playing, recording and generating sound and the design of touch-based interfaces.
|Course dates||Not currently available|
|Day and time||Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm|
|Maximum class size||12|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University Alumni Association members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
In addition to the course fee there may be additional charges for materials.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
Booking for this course isn't open at this time as the dates of the next intake are not yet confirmed. Please get in touch for further information or register your interest to receive notification as soon as booking opens.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.