Alternative Photographic Printmaking (short course)
Why study this course?
This Alternative Photographic Printmaking short course will allow you to develop skills in Photoshop for digital negatives, negative scanning, cyanotypes, Van Dyke Brown printing, salt printing and silver gelatin printing.
The work on this short course will be explored through a series of talks, workshops and assignments. The content will be evaluated and developed through group discussion.
You'll develop skills in:
- Photoshop for digital negatives
- negative scanning
- Van Dyke Brown printing
- salt printing and silver gelatin printing
This course is suitable if you are either a beginner or already at an intermediate level.
"Superb course – great tutor; I learnt so much that I will use in the future."
|Course dates||Not currently available|
|Length||One day a week for five sessions|
|Day and time||Saturday, 11am to 5pm|
|Maximum class size||12|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University alumni members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
Workshop materials for the course will be supplied and participants will be advised on appropriate materials to purchase for their work.
Participants will need to bring a selection of digital or analogue images to the first lesson.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
Booking for this course isn't open at this time as the dates of the next intake are not yet confirmed. Please get in touch for further information or register your interest to receive notification as soon as booking opens.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.