Advanced Guitar Making (short course)
Why study this course?
Continue to learn the art of guitar making by building on the Intermediate Guitar Making classes and concentrating on the advanced stages of construction and assembly, with the emphasis being on the final completion of the project.
This short course follows a tried and tested programme that has been used for more than 30 years with great success. The evening course runs in blocks of 10 weeks and is designed to allow participants to build on the skills needed to build guitars. This course aims to help you to:
These advanced classes are particularly suitable for anyone who has completed the intermediate classes. They're designed to run on from the initial construction stage addressed in these intermediate classes in order to further equip you with the skills and techniques to finish your instrument.
Please note, these classes are not suitable for complete beginners or inexperienced woodworkers.
"The course is fantastic and I look forward to it every week. Quiet, focused time doing something I really enjoy. I am on my second guitar."
"Great course and good atmosphere. Very helpful tutors and staff. I look forward to coming back next term."
11 January to 15 March 2018
|Length||One evening a week for ten sessions|
|Day and time||Thursday, 5.30pm to 8.30pm|
|Maximum class size||10|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University Alumni Association members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
In addition to the course fee there may be additional charges for materials. The cost of materials depends on the scale of the project.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
To book on to one of our short courses, click the apply button to visit our eShop.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.