3D Printing/Rapid Prototyping (short course)
Why study this course?
This course is aimed at anyone with prior knowledge of 3D modelling who would like to take their designs further and explore the exciting world of 3D printing.
Throughout this course you'll gain knowledge of the different 3D printing systems on the market and their specific design requirements for production. You'll have the opportunity to develop a design of your choice for production on one of our rapid prototyping machines. We can offer SLS (Selective Laser Sintering), Z Corp 3D printing and EnvisionTEC printing.
You can either use 3D Studio Max or Rhino in our CAD (computer-aided design) suite to develop your model for 3D printing.
The topics covered in the course include:
- an introduction to 3D printing technologies
- software used to create models for 3D printing
- how to create valid models for 3D printing and export options
- 3D file fixing, verification and software
- live hinges and other "click fits"
- producing your own 3D model choosing from one of three technologies (EnvisionTEC Perfactory, Z-corp, SLS)
Please note that this course will not teach 3D modelling but includes tips and tricks on how to prepare your files for 3D printing.
This course is taught by Anatol Just.
This course is suitable for designers, artists, fashion professionals, freelance engineers, students, hobbyists, sculptors, model makers and entrepreneurs. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of 3D modelling is required.
"In my opinion the course was perfect. I learnt a lot of new things."
|Course Dates||Not currently available|
|Length||One evening for ten sessions|
|Day and time||Tuesday, 6pm to 8.30pm|
|Maximum class size||10|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University alumni members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
The course fee includes two models at 100mm x 100mm x 100mm.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
Booking for this course isn't open at this time as the dates of the next intake are not yet confirmed. Please get in touch for further information or register your interest to receive notification as soon as booking opens.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.