Funding your studies
International Students House and London Met postgraduate scholarship
International Students House and London Metropolitan University would like to welcome applications from American students who are considering a full-time master's course in the UK.
The scholarship will offer up to four eligible students free accommodation in London and tuition at London Met for the duration of their programme of study.
To be considered you will need to meet all of the applicable selection criteria and submit your application by 13 August 2018.
If you are successful in your application for the scholarship, benefits include:
- one year's free accommodation at International Students House (ISH): a single room, fully furnished, inclusive of specified household bills and Wi-Fi
- one year's postgraduate tuition at London Metropolitan University
- living costs stipend (for exceptional circumstances only and determined by the scholarship panel)
- travel to/from the UK
In order to meet the criteria, you must:
- be a US citizen and resident in the United States of America
- be able to demonstrate financial need
- have graduated or be expected to graduate with an applicable bachelor's degree of first class classification (or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA)) by 17 August 2018
- have applied for a full-time master's at London Metropolitan University beginning in September 2018
- have accepted an unconditional offer of admission for the academic year 2018–19
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum) unless English language exemption applies (as it does for the majority of English-speaking nationals)
- be available to start academic studies at London Metropolitan University by 24 September 2018 – no deferral to a subsequent academic year will be permitted
- be aged 18 or above when you enrol at London Metropolitan University
- be able to satisfy current UK immigration requirements
Restrictions and exemptions
The 2018–19 scholarship is only available for prospective full-time postgraduate students from America who have applied for a full-time master's offered by one of the following schools at London Metropolitan University:
- School of Computing and Digital Media
- School of Human Sciences
- School of Social Professions
- School of Social Sciences
- The Sir John Cass School of Art, Architecture and Design
- Guildhall School of Business and Law
How to apply (you can apply for the scholarship from 1 March 2018)
All applicants must complete and submit the application form for consideration by the scholarship panel by 6 August 2018. The University will aim to inform all candidates if their application has been considered successful by 20 August 2018. All unsuccessful candidates will be written to after this date.
To apply for the International Students House and London Metropolitan scholarship scheme, you need to complete the online application form and submit it by 6 August 2018.
The University must support and validate your application for it to be considered by the scholarship panel.
If you have any questions about your eligibility or are having difficulty applying, please contact the University's international team by emailing email@example.com.
International Students House and London Metropolitan University are hoping to provide scholarships that represent a wide range of University courses and academic abilities, with all applications being treated equally under the Equality Act.